Monday 26 February 2018

Census

We got a letter in the post a few days ago about the census, which is happening on the 6th of March.

Apparently it is normal these days to fill out the forms online, and they don't automatically post out paper forms.  (Makes sense -- I'm sure it saves time for the data entry staff, and less resources used.)

However, they still offer the option of requesting a paper version.

Even though I am sure I am causing more trouble, I requested the paper version.  Why?  Well, I thought it would be better for the children's education, that we can all sit around the table as a family and discuss together the questions and our answers.  Doing it one-by-one online would lose that interactiveness, and I doubt it would be as educationally valuable.

So, sorry Stats NZ for causing you more trouble!  But maybe doing the paper forms will encourage some future statisticians.

No comments:

Post a Comment