Monday 2 November 2020

Athletics in the rain

 Saturday is fast becoming athletics day.

A couple of days ago, Mulan and I were once again at Mt Smart Stadium for the afternoon.  But this time in the rain.

No worries, it was a good learning experience for Mulan to warm up and compete in the rain!  (All voluntary and mostly enjoyable, of course!!)

Mulan did the long jump (4.01m) and 80m hurdles (15.46sec).  The rain made it tough, so no PBs (personal bests) this week.  But still very good performances in the conditions.

I did the 60m (8.17sec) and 100m (12.97sec), with both being "old person" bests -- that is, best in the past five seasons.  That wasn't a huge accomplishment, as I hadn't run a 60m race in over 25 years, and my recent 100m races have all been on grass.

But well done me for surviving, and the runs felt good!  I'd also signed up for the long jump, but decided to pull out because I was still recovering from the 100m!  Clearly, I've still got to work on my endurance fitness.

Anyway, the results are all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment