Monday 28 March 2022

Athletics multi-events and gymnastics

Mulan and I spent most of the weekend at Mt Smart Stadium, doing multi-events athletics.

It was the Auckland Combined Events Champs -- I did a pentathlon on Saturday, while Mulan did a heptathlon over both days.

Predictably, my muscles are still sore today, while surprisingly Mulan is also a little sore this morning.

One of the fun things about multi-events is getting to try out events that we wouldn't normally do.  Both of us did javelin (Mulan's first time ever, and my fourth time ever), Mulan did high jump, and we both did longer runs on rubber (hence the soreness).

I earned a gold medal in my age group (45-49) for my efforts.  Though full disclosure, I was the only man of my age silly enough to endure the pain of competing in five events.

Mulan came sixth in her age group (Under 16).

The results are here.

---

Meanwhile, on Sunday Miya did the North Harbour Gymnastics Gymfest.

Unfortunately I missed it because I can't be in two places at once.  But Mama went along and videoed it for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment