Monday 6 December 2021

Frank Turek

Mulan has a good memory.

YouTube suggested that I watch this video while I was eating.  (Okay, it hasn't yet started giving breakfast  suggestions, but that's when I usually browse YouTube.)

It's a video by Drew McCoy of Genetically Modified Skeptic, who I've started watching lately.  I'm impressed by Drew.  He has a great attitude to discussing religion, coming across as super-nice and really emphasising being kind.  In the world of religion YouTubers he stands out as the nice guy, making his videos a pleasure to watch.

Mulan happened to pass by when I was about five minutes into the video.  She said, "isn't that Turek?"

I said, "who?"

"The one who [cousin] was studying for school and you commented on?"

Finally it clicked for me.  Yes, Drew was discussing the co-author of a book that I wrote about last year in response to my niece's Year 13 school assignment.

I have a sad habit of forgetting names and only (sometimes) remembering ideas.  But I was surprised that Mulan remembered Turek's name; I thought she hadn't been that interested in the topic.  I'm very happy that she is quietly taking it in.

Mulan stayed to watch, and we laughed at Douglas Adams' well-told puddle story.

No comments:

Post a Comment