Wednesday 1 December 2021

Stimming

Haha, I remember sitting in the classroom at school doing this stim for hours:

I'm enjoying Hunter Hansen's autism YouTube channel.  I haven't been diagnosed, but I have many of the characteristics at a functioning level.  I made the connection in my early 20s while doing my psychology degree (which I specifically did to try to understand others better).  While I don't care whether or not I really am autistic, looking into it has definitely helped me in a practical way to learn coping strategies so I don't get too overwhelmed.

This was a good video:

I especially like that Hunter comes across as pretty "normal".  While my immediate family accepts my occasional autism-ish-ness, my extended family directly say they don't believe it.  I like his video on masking; it really felt true to me:

No comments:

Post a Comment