Sunday 17 February 2019

Don't fall for Jordan Peterson (again)

I see that Jordan Peterson is giving some talks in New Zealand over the next several days.  At least so it was reported in the entertainment section of the NZ Herald.

Last year I briefly mentioned him, and linked to a few articles and videos which clearly point out where he goes wrong.

The funny thing is that almost no one reads my blog here ...  ummm ... okay, that is not the funny thing.

Anyway, the funny thing is that almost no one reads my blog here, and almost no one comments on it, and yet my brief blog comment last year about Peterson actually got a response (the comment was via Google+, which is now dead, so the comment is gone, I think).

The comment was from a Peterson fan who questioned my criticism of him.  I asked if the commenter had clicked on the links I had provided in my post, to see the clear explanations of how and why Peterson is wrong.  The commenter replied no, they didn't have time for that, but they would go and see his shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment